The second item I want to make for my son’s spring clothing is 3/4 sleeve henley shirt.
I started with the basic raglan sleeve t-shirt pattern I have been using (I will share this some other day.), shortened the sleeve length by 1 inch, added the front placket. The rest is similar to making a raglan t-shirt.
The making of front placket (like those in polo shirt) used to be one of my biggest fears. But I like the polo placket so much that I know I must learn to do it some day. For this baseball henley shirt I used the same rib knit fabric as the neckband. Oops, not a very good idea. The placket stretches a bit and is not in perfect rectangle shape. I believe it would be better if I had fused interfacing to the placket. I didn’t do it because it will make the placket really bulky.
I got this baseball jersey knit a year something ago from fabric.com. The print is nice, very sporty and it’s 100% cotton. But I don’t think it’s on the market anymore. (and I have used all I have of this fabric :()